We all need to buy things, whether for fun or out of necessity, and you may as well earn cash for all that spending.
Signing up for cashback apps is one of the best ways to make money passively and get money back into the bank.
You may even find new savings and deals for things because you use these cashback sites!
So whenever you buy things you need, like groceries, or things you want, like a new phone, you can earn money on every purchase.
- Best Cashback App – Upside
- Earn Money From Cashback & Fun Tasks – Swagbucks
- Scan Receipts For Cashback – Fetch Rewards
29 Best Cashback Sites
Cashback sites partner with retailers to provide customers with cashback on their purchases.
These sites earn a commission from the retailers for sending customers their way, and they pass that on to you by giving you money back on purchases.
So let’s check out my full list of the best cashback sites you should use:
Swagbucks is one of my favorite cash-back sites. All you need to do is shop online through the Swagbucks shopping portal.
Plus, they make it easy to earn cashback while you search the web with their Swagbucks browser extension.
There are other ways to earn SBs for more rewards. You can earn rewards by:
- Completing surveys
- Playing games
- Searching the web
- Signing up for apps and offers
Read more about why I like using Swagbucks for fast cash in my honest Swagbucks Review.
- Sign Up Bonus: $10
- Low cash-out minimum ($1)
- Can cash out to PayPal account or request gift cards
- Other ways to earn, like playing games
- Must use their site/browser to earn points for cashback
Next, Upside is one of the cash-back sites perfect for those who frequently need to refuel vehicles and make purchases at convenience stores, grocery stores, and restaurants.
Upside compares gas prices in your area, displays the best options, and shows you discounts per gallon and cashback opportunities.
When you purchase gas at a qualifying station, simply take a photo of your receipt and upload it through the app or check in at the gas station to get cashback.
See why Upside is my top pick for cashback and how much I’ve saved on gas in my in-depth Upside Review!
- Get money back on gas purchases
- Cashback for convenience store snacks and drinks, groceries, and fast food
- Offers a referral code for family and friends
- Must activate gas offers before making purchases
- Only available through your phone app
- $10 cash out minimum
3. Fetch Rewards
Another excellent cash-back site is Fetch Rewards. I use this app every time I shop, and it’s ideal for those who do a lot of grocery shopping.
Fetch Rewards offers points for scanning receipts from all sorts of stores, and each one is worth 25 points.
There’s no need to pre-select items or offers; simply scan your receipt after each shopping trip and start earning rewards.
You can get extra points by taking advantage of their offers- like if I get Cheetos popcorn, I get an extra 40 points per bag.
Read about my savings and Fetch’s great offerings in my Fetch Rewards Review!
- Very easy to use
- Don’t have to claim offers or scan barcodes to earn cash
- Quick and easy to upload receipts
- Extra points with daily spin
- Extra points for buying special offer items
- Can hook up email and store loyalty card to scan for more receipts
- Gift cards can take up to 24 hours to deliver via email
- Must scan receipt within 14 days of purchasing
4. Capital One Shopping
Capital One Shopping could be your money-saving buddy that’s more than just a cashback website.
Think of Capital One Shopping as a helpful sidekick, a browser add-on that hunts for coupons and savings while you shop.
And that’s not all – you can hop onto Capital One Shopping’s website and discover deals and savings with brands they’ve teamed up with.
Guess what? They’ve got another trick up their sleeve. If you buy something and the price drops later, their Price Protection feature jumps in and gets you the difference back!
Check out more of its features in my in-depth Capital One Shopping Review.
- Free to use
- Searches for coupon codes and low prices
- Available on a desktop and mobile app
- Price protection plan
- Can’t be used outside of the U.S. and Canada
- Doesn’t guarantee coupons for every purchase
- Price protection has a time limit
Honey is a browser extension that automatically applies coupon codes at checkout and shows you when there’s a price drop on something in our wishlist.
It also offers cashback rewards on eligible purchases from its partner stores. They promise you can earn up to 20% cashback on online purchases.
And it’s a great way to earn free gift cards by shopping online.
Check out how much I’ve earned so far in my Honey Review!
- Easy to install and use
- Redeem cash back in a gift card or PayPal deposit
- Price-drop alerts when it finds a cheaper price
- Not all stores have coupons available
- Not all sites will get cashback offers
MyPoints is a rewards program that offers members various ways to earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards and cashback.
You can earn points when you shop online, take surveys, read emails, and even play games.
It’s free to join MyPoints, and you can earn up to 40% cashback at over 2,000 online retailers, including Walmart, Target, and Amazon.
Check out my MyPoints Review to see how much cashback you can get, plus get paid to answer surveys and play games!
- Easy to use
- Free app to sign up
- Offers gift cards, PayPal cash, and travel miles as cashback
- Reward points needed vary per gift card
- Don’t qualify for all surveys
- Takes time to rack up points for high-cost gift cards
Ibotta is another easy app and browser extension that’ll help you get cash back when you go shopping.
Whether you’re hitting the grocery store, updating your wardrobe, grabbing electronics, or getting a nice bottle of wine, Ibotta’s got your back.
They’ve partnered with over 2,000 brands and stores so that you can get cash back on many different things.
See what stores you can get cash back from by reading my full Ibotta Review!
- Easy to use and earn extra money
- Offers bonuses
- Get cash back fast
- Doesn’t always read receipt correctly
Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is one of the best cashback sites for its amazing cashback deals. It offers cashback deals through online retailers and physical shopping.
With over 3,500 retailers on their platform, Rakuten offers varying cashback levels at different stores.
You’ll earn a percentage of cashback on your purchases through their website; it’s as easy as that. Learn more about their savings in my Rakuten Review.
- Free and easy to use
- High cash-back rates
- Partners with many stores
- Rewards are paid quarterly
- Must activate a shopping session through their website to get cashback
Upromise is another cashback site, but one that works a bit differently.
With Upromise, you can earn money back on your purchases, which can then be transferred to a 529 college savings plan.
When shopping with Upromise’s partner retailers, some purchases will go towards your saving goals and add up for your kid’s college fund.
- Free to join and earn rewards
- Can automatically transfer cashback to college funds
- Automatically adds money to a 529 College Savings Plan
- Also offers a credit card to track cashback automatically
- Can only earn rewards at some stores
- Rewards must be $10 – $50 before they transfer to college savings
Shopkick is a popular cashback site that rewards you for in-store and online shopping.
You can earn points for cashback by shopping online through the app.
Simply open the Shopkick app in a participating store and earn points for walking in, scanning items, and making purchases.
- Scan barcodes to earn extra points
- Cash out with a gift card
- 1,250 points are needed to cash out
TopCashBack works with over 4,000 retailers, giving you cash back on purchases from places like Walmart, Amazon, and Macy’s.
You can earn up to 12% cash back and choose to receive your money via PayPal, direct deposit, or gift cards.
TopCashBack also has an extension for your browser, so you can easily see which retailers offer cash back as you shop online.
- No minimum payout
- Multiple payout options
- High cashback options- 12% is great!
- No sign-up bonus
- Can’t redeem in-store purchases for cash back
Dosh is a free cashback site that gives you money back when you buy things, eat at restaurants, or book hotels.
To use Dosh, you can link it to your credit or debit cards, but remember to pick “credit” when you pay to get that cash back.
Dosh works with many different places and sends you money back without you having to do anything extra, like clicking on links or showing receipts.
You can get the money you earned when you collect at least $25 in your account. Unlike other apps, Dosh sends you money back all by itself- no points needed.
- No extra steps to receive cash back
- Doesn’t sell data to third parties
- $4.99 maintenance fee if your account is inactive for 12 months
- May take up to 90 days to verify purchases without linked cards
13. Coupon Cabin
One of the other cashback sites for those looking for both cashback and discount codes is Coupon Cabin.
You can earn cashback by shopping online through its links, and it also has a vast coupon database, so you can save even more when you shop.
The site offers cashback deals of up to 10% from over 6,000 retailers and discount codes that you can use at checkout.
- Get cashback and coupons for both online and in-store transactions
- Offers members-only deals
- Payout methods include direct deposit and PayPal
- Don’t always get credit for members-only deals
14. Checkout 51
Checkout 51 is a cashback site that is focused on grocery shopping. The site offers weekly cashback offers on everyday purchases of items like milk, bread, and fruit.
Simply upload a photo of your receipt, and you’ll earn cash back on eligible items. Checkout 51 pays out via check once you reach $20 in cash back earnings.
- Offers rewards on gas purchases
- Offers several ways to save
- Can stack rewards
- Lacks variety
- Online offers only
- high redemption threshold
15. Receipt Hog
Receipt Hog is a cool free app that has been doing this since 2011. It gives you rewards for telling them about your shopping.
Here’s how you can earn stuff:
- Take pictures of your paper receipts
- Connect your online accounts and cards
- Answer surveys about what you bought
When you send in your receipts, they give you coins. You can swap these coins for real money or cool prizes.
- Easy to snap receipts, take surveys, and get rewards
- Redeem options are cash or Amazon gift cards
- Aid market research by sharing shopping data
- Surveys can take a bit of time
- Need at least 1,000 coins (~$5)
iConsumer is different from other cash-back sites. It’s a cool rewards program that lets you earn stocks while you shop at their partner stores.
Their big mission is to give regular people like us a shot at being owners of a real company that’s traded on the stock market.
Imagine, when you buy stuff from any of the 2,400 retailers they’ve teamed up with, you get some money back and own a piece of iConsumer company.
- Chance to own shares in the company
- Earn cashback from purchases
- Easy to understand
- Stock value can drop
- Rewards vary with the spending amount
Earny is an app that offers price protection and cash-back rewards.
When Earny detects a price drop on an item you purchased, it files a claim with your credit card company for a refund.
Earny protects purchases from over 15 major retailers, including Best Buy, Costco, and more.
You get tickets for getting cashback refunds, and those can be used to win cash prizes.
- The price protection period is typically 14 to 90 days
- Initiates price refunds for you
- Cash prizes offer many gift cards
- No guarantee you’ll get your money back on price changes/sales
18. Hoopla Doopla
Hoopla Doopla is a cool website where you can get cash back while you shop.
They offer special codes, discounts, and awesome deals from over 5,000 online stores.
Like you can get 5.5% on Nike shoes, 50% off orders at Walmart, and more.
- No processing fees
- Free to sign up
- No mobile app- only a browser extension
19. Mr. Rebates
Mr. Rebates is all about giving back – they’ve handed out millions through cashback offers.
They’re also the go-to spot for deals and coupons, helping you save in multiple ways.
Got friends? Awesome, because if you bring in a new member, you’ll pocket 20% of their original rebate.
And when it’s time to cash in, just hit $10, and you’re good to go to cash out via PayPal or get a check in the mail.
- $10 to cash out
- Receive your rebate quickly
- PayPal or checks for payouts
- Must use the links on Mr. Rebate’s site
If setting aside money for retirement feels like a tough task, EvoShare steps in to lend a hand.
Here’s the deal: You can stash your cashback earnings directly into a 401(k) or 403(b) plan, granted your employer is part of the program.
Even if you don’t have one of those accounts, you can keep your earnings safe in EvoShare until you’re ready.
You can earn up to 30% cashback from over 1,300 online stores. And if you’re into local shopping, link your cards for a solid 10% cashback.
- Helps build your retirement savings
- Has a browser extension
- Employer must participate in the program
- Need a retirement account to cash out rewards
Payce is a rewards program that puts cash back in your pocket for everyday purchases.
By linking your credit or debit card, you can score impressive cash back, reaching up to 25% on your purchases.
Once you’ve racked up $10 in your account, you can get your rewards sent to your bank account or the debit or credit card linked to your account.
- No-fee program
- Low payout- only $10
- Can link credit or debit card to earn more
- Large cashback offerings- up to 25% is a big deal!
- It can take 90 to 120 days to get your money
BeFrugal is a cash-back site that offers up to 40% rate at over five thousand stores. Just shop through their portal, and cashback goes straight into your account.
Plus, BeFrugal provides exclusive cashback deals and coupons – a simple way to save while shopping.
When it’s time to cash in, pick your favorite: check, direct deposit, gift card, PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle.
- Extra deals and coupons besides cashback offers
- Multiple transfer options for payouts
- Cashback is only available for online purchases
Tada offers you the fantastic opportunity to earn up to 20% cashback rewards.
It’s as easy as adding Tada to your Chrome browser or downloading their convenient app for shopping while you’re out and about.
Tada sweetens the deal with a $10 sign-up bonus when you finish signing up and make your first order.
You can receive your cash via PayPal or opt for nifty gift cards from big names like Target, Home Depot, Best Buy, Amazon, and even a Visa debit card.
- Get paid by gift card or PayPal
- Offers a $10 sign-up bonus
- Earning potential isn’t very high
ReceiptPal is a cash-back app that rewards you when you share pics of your receipts.
You get points for each receipt, which can turn into cool stuff like gift cards for big stores like Amazon, Visa, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, and Lowes.
- Free to download
- Accepts most receipts from U.S. stores
- Low compensation rate
- No cash payments- only gift cards
25. Simply Best Coupons
Simply Best Coupons is a cash-back site that works worldwide and covers everything from travel and cars to clothing.
Take advantage of their browser extension. It’s like your cashback assistant, ensuring you get all the good deals.
If you tell a friend and they start saving with Simply Best Coupons, you get a bonus equal to 5% of what they save, up to a max of $50.
- Has a browser extension
- Offers referral bonuses
- Doesn’t offer a sign-up bonus
Extrabux gives you a cool opportunity to earn money when you make online purchases through their website
Over 20,000 stores partnered with them, including popular brands like Nike, Macy’s, and Sephora.
They have two types of deals: cashback and ‘super cashback.’ With these deals, you can get back up to 30% of what you spend when shopping online.
They even throw in some coupons to help you save more!
- You can get paid by PayPal, a check, or credit card credit
- $5 Referral Bonus
- $20 Welcome Bonus
- Browser extension helps when shopping online
- Bonus is given in $5 increments
Most of us know Groupon as a site that offers daily deals on experiences and restaurant vouchers.
However, they also offer cashback for purchases made through their links. Groupon has partnered with over 10,000 retailers, offering a wide variety of products.
Their website is easy to navigate, and you can sort your searches by category or retailer. They make it easy to buy things and look for new experiences!
Groupon is ideal for those who love a bargain, as their deals often overlap with their cashback offers.
- Offer steep discounts
- Can save by paying less than the full retail price
- Can be difficult to find deals
28. Coupon Surfer
As the name suggests, Coupon Surfer is primarily a site for coupons. However, they also offer cashback deals for a range of retailers.
Their website is straightforward, with a dedicated cashback section for easy browsing. You can sign up for a free account and earn cashback on your purchases.
Coupon Surfer is ideal for those who love to save through coupons and cashback deals.
- Non-members can use coupons
- free to sign up for an account
- Doesn’t offer a mobile app
Trunow is a free app that gives you money back when you buy gas at certain gas stations they partner with. You can also use it to find the cheapest gas prices.
Trunow works by connecting you with stores in real-time. These stores send you special offers with rewards or money back right away.
When you take a picture of your gas receipt and send it to Trunow, they give you 1% of your money back. If you buy gas at specific Trunow partner stations, they give you 2% back.
- Location-based, so you can find the cheapest gas stations while traveling
- You can get cash back from all gas stations in the country
- Use Trunow on both iPhones and Android phones.
- Need at least $10 in your balance to withdraw $5 via PayPal
Are cashback apps worth it?
Cashback apps can certainly be worth it if you’re looking to save extra cash on your everyday purchases.
These apps can provide extra cash or savings each time you make a purchase, whether online or in person.
I use cashback apps for every purchase we make, and I even use more than one app to find more savings and get more cashback when I can.
Cashback websites are an important part of our shopping experience and are 1,000% worth it for us!
How much money can I earn in cashback?
The amount of money you can earn largely depends on your shopping habits, the cashback site, and the cashback percentages offered for each retailer.
Most sites and cash-back apps offer a percentage of your purchase as cashback, typically ranging from 1% – 10% or even more.
So, on average, for every $100 you spend, you could earn $1 – $10 in cashback or more.
To maximize your cash back opportunities, use multiple cashback websites or cashback apps, as they often have different offers and cashback percentages at different retailers.
Are cashback sites safe?
You may be wondering about the safety and legitimacy of these cash-back apps and websites.
Rest assured, many cashback shopping sites are legitimate and safe to use.
Which cashback app is the best?
Choosing the best cash-back services for you to earn cash will depend on your shopping preferences and the stores you frequently visit.
Upside takes the crown as the best cash-back app for saving at the pump. With this app, you can get discounts on gasoline from participating gas stations.
For groceries, Fetch Rewards shines as the best shopping portal for grocery stores. You can unlock personalized offers and earn cashback on everyday purchases like groceries.
But don’t limit yourself to just one! You may as well sign up for multiple money-making apps and earn as much money as possible!
How do I earn the most cashback?
To earn the most cashback, start by signing up for multiple cashback sites, such as Swagbucks, with a sign-up bonus.
Once you’ve signed up for a cashback site, shop through their online shopping portal, not the regular store website.
Then, compare other cashback sites to find the best deals available on the things you want.
Rates can vary depending on the retailer and the site, so comparing offers on other shopping sites will help you get the highest cashback possible.
Another strategy is to use cashback shopping browser extensions that automatically notify you when cashback opportunities are available on a website.
They make it easier for you to get savings without searching online for coupon codes.
Cash-back sites provide an easy and convenient way to save money while indulging in online shopping.
These money-making apps can get your coupons and discounts as well as put money back in the bank with every penny you spend.
By following the tips and advice provided in this post, you’ll be able to maximize your earnings and ensure you’re getting the best deal possible with these cashback websites.